The 2016 Queensland Week Sponsorship Program is now open. Applications for funding of up to $10,000 can be submitted by not for profit organisations to conduct events during Queensland Week 4-12 June, 2016. These events are to celebrate Queensland’s people, places and achievements. Applicants will need to contribute 50% (cash and/or in kind) to the total budget.
Events will, at a minimum, need to meet the following program objectives:
- raise community awareness of Queensland Week and Queensland themes
- encourage community participation and engagement
- contribute to a statewide program of diverse, inclusive and innovative community events and celebrations
- promote social, cultural and economic benefit to the community
- showcase local or Queensland entertainers, produce or icons.
Examples of events that fall within these criteria include:
- active recreation activities.
Download the 2016 Queensland Week Sponsorship Program guidelines at www.qld.gov.au/queenslandweek or phone 07 3003 9200 for more information.
Applications close Friday 28 August 2015. For anyone looking for assistance with applications, contact Karen Hutchinson T: (07) 5581 7436 M: 0439 226 057