Welcome to Palm Beach and surrounds. I am so excited to be involved in the launching of this new website promoting our beautiful area.
The site contains a variety of information for everyone including residents, visitors and businesses. If you are looking for something to do, or a place to visit, stay or eat, this website will help.
I hope you love Palm Beach and the surrounding areas as much as I do. It has been an honour to represent this area in Council for the past 24 years.
To read my latest newsletter, click here and follow my Facebook page and website for regular updates from Division 13.
About Cr McDonald – Division 13
Division 13 is on the south east coast of the Gold Coast and includes the suburbs of Palm Beach, parts of Elanora, Reedy Creek and Burleigh Heads and a small part of Tallebudgera.
Cr McDonald is a long-standing Councillor of Gold Coast City, first elected in 1991. She held the position of Deputy Mayor from 2007 to 2012.
Phone: 07 5581 6228
Fax: 07 5581 6547
City of Gold Coast
PO Box 5042
GOLD COAST MAIL CENTRE QLD 9729
To access the Councillor’s page and newsletter on Council website, please follow this link http://www.goldcoast.qld.gov.
26/11th Avenue, Palm Beach
Mondays without an appointment from 9am to 11am. Also available by appointment to meet residents at her Palm Beach office or Daphne will call on residents in their homes.
Council & Community
- City Infrastructure & Water
- Economic Development & Major Projects
- Local Disaster Management
- Mayor’s International Relations Working Group
- Member Palm Beach Currumbin High School Council
- Honorary Vice President, Pacific SLSC
- Diploma of Local Government Administration
- Certificate of Local Government Administration Level IV
- Disaster Management
- Local Disaster Management Group Induction
- Queensland Disaster Management Arrangements
- Introduction to Evacuation
- Evacuation Planning
- Warnings and Alerts
- Mentoring Programme
Awards & Certificates
- Life Membership – Australian Local Government Women’s Association (Qld). This prestigious award was presented in recognition of service and contribution to women in Local Government and Local Government.
- Ray Phippard Fellow – (No.39) Daphne was honoured to receive this Lions prestigious Ray Phippard Fellow Award in recognition of her outstanding service and commitment to the community.
- Paul Harris Fellow – Daphne was recognised with the honour of being named a Rotary Paul Harris Fellow in acknowledgement of her outstanding commitment to the community.
- Certificate of Service to Local Government – presented by Dame Quentin Bryce, Governor.
- Certificate from Mayor – Leadership & Vision – Mayor, City of Gold Coast, Cr Ron Clarke, presented Daphne with a Certificate for exemplary leadership and vision contributing towards Gold Coast Water being named the Global Water Intelligence 2009 Global Water Awards – Public Water Agency of the Year
- Volunteer Marine Rescue Currumbin
- Various community groups
Palm Beach Community Lounge and Library
How do I get there?
Palm Beach Community Lounge and Library is co-located with the City of Gold Coast’s Palm Beach Branch Office. Off-street parking is available.
- Monday 9am – 4.30pm
- Tuesday 9am – 1pm
- Wednesday 9am – 1pm
- Thursday 9am – 1pm
- Friday 9am – 1pm
- Saturday – Closed
- Sunday – Closed
Services and facilities
- selection of fiction and non-fiction books for adults, young people and children
- children’s section with books, CDs, and DVDs
- young people’s sections with books, CDs and DVDs
- PCs with internet access and Microsoft Office (bookings advisable)
- large print and audio books
- newspapers and magazines
- community notice board
- photocopying and printing
- disabled access
- disabled parking
Palm Beach Seawall
Ocean seawall improvement works at 27th Avenue, Palm Beach, commenced in April 2015. Council will be commencing the seawall construction works stage 1 on Twenty Seventh Avenue Palm Beach on 1 June 2015. There will be some disruption to acess to local residents’ properties, with works expected to take three months.
Click here to download information on the 27th Avenue Palm Beach Seawall Construction Project or contact my office for more information.