Totes For Kindness Christmas Appeal is a Gold Coast initiative aiming to help those less fortunate within the community by providing food totes and gifts at Christmas time.
The project is seeking donations of full food tote bags (reusable shopping bags) and gifts for all ages, from babies to seniors, with a particular need of gifts for teenage and adult males. Gifts must be brand new and left unwrapped.
Food totes and gifts are distributed between two organisations;
- The Gold Coast Youth Service who are currently working with approximately 100 youths (12-25 year olds) who are homeless or at risk of becoming so.
- The Palm Beach Neighbourhood Centre who offer a number of different services in order to improve the quality of life of the community as a whole and in particular, it’s more vulnerable members. They are aiming to provide at least 60 food totes and as many gifts as possible for all age groups.
If you’re interested in participating but don’t know what to contribute, Totes for Kindness are in need of the following individual food items to complete totes:
- Tinned ham
- Christmas desserts (chocolate/caramel/plum pudding, fruit mince pies etc.)
- Christmas treats – Rocky Road, Rum Balls, Gingerbread,
- Brandy Snaps, Yule Logs, Panettone, Coconut Ice, Fruit
- Long life custard
- Long life milk
Donations will be accepted until Monday 18 December and can be dropped at Palm Beach First National Real Estate: 18 Sixth Ave, Palm Beach OR First National Real Estate Burleigh: Suite 18, Treetops Square, 2 Classic Way , Burleigh Heads.
For more information, please visit Totes for Kindness’ Facebook page at www.facebook.com/totesforkindness.