Parks in Palm Beach
Andy Frizzell, 113 Jefferson Lane, Palm Beach
- Facilities – picnic shelter & tables, showers, toilets, water tap
Elizabeth Sloper, 80 Laguna Ave, Palm Beach
- Facilities – BBQs, picnic shelter & tables, playground, water tap
Laguna Park, Laguna Ave, Palm Beach
This park, located next to a lake, has something for everyone. Lots of great play equipment for all ages. There’s a big adventure playground, pirate ship, slides, rockers, pedal power monorail and also a Liberty Swing for children in wheelchairs. This playground is also fully fenced and there is lots of parking.
This park is very popular and on some weekends Council holds music and movies for everyone’s enjoyment. The model yacht club also meets here.
- Facilities – BBQs, picnic shelters & tables, fenced playground, toilets including disability toilet, dog off leash area
Mallawa Drive Sports Complex, corner Mallawa & Melaleuca Drives, Palm Beach
Sports include netball, soccer, touch football
- Facilities– BBQs, fenced playground, picnic shelter & tables, toilets, tap
Murlong Crescent Park, Palm Beach
- Facilities – BBQs, picnic shelter & tables, showers, swimming, playground
Palm Beach Parklands, 945 Gold Coast Highway, Palm Beach
Palm Beach Parklands is one of the best and most popular recreational spots in our area. The fabulous pirate ship themed children’s playground is located here, together with stunning open space parklands. You can hit the beach at Palm Beach, swim in the lagoon or beach, play a social footy or cricket match, ride your bike, take a walk or fire up one of the several barbeques.
Other facilities include the Dune Cafe open daily from 7.30am and two new toilet/shower facilities – one adjoining Dune Café and the second behind the pirate ship. There are also disabled toilets in both.
There is lots of parking with a dedicated parking area. Remember to only park in marked spaces and not on grassed areas or road verges otherwise you could be fined.
- Facilities – BBQs, picnic shelter & tables, water tap
Salk Oval Parklands, Sarawak Ave/Thrower Drive, Palm Beach
Sports field – sports include junior and senior AFL and cricket; outrigger canoeing and fishing clubs
Rotary Park, Sarawak Ave, Palm Beach
- Facilities – picnic tables, playground, skate park, showers, water tap
Tallebudgera Creek Park, adjacent to Tallebudgera Recreation Centre on Tallebudgera Creek, Palm Beach
This is a wonderful area for the whole family to enjoy both on the beach and in the water. The waters are calm for swimming, paddling or kayaking. This foreshore park has many facilities including a children’s playground, new amenities which include toilets, showers and change rooms and loads of off street parking.
- Facilities – BBQs, picnic shelter & tables, drinking fountain, playground, showers, toilets, walking track, water activities, water tap
Parks in Elanora
Eddie Kornhauser Recreational Reserve, 6 Casuarina Drive
- Facilities – picnic tables, playground, dog off leash island, toilets, walking track, water tap.
Eddie Kornhauser Recreational Reserve – West
- Facilities – basketball, picnic shelter, walking track
- Suitable for horse dressage.
Elanora Oval, 4 Park Court
- Facilities – sports field, toilets, walking track, water tap
Kingsmore Park, Kimmuli Drive
- Facilities – BBQs, picnic shelter & tables, playground, drinking fountain, basketball
Lions Park, 5 Ironbark St
- Facilities – Picnic shelter, playground, walking track
Schusters Park, Heather St (off Tallebudgera Creek Rd), Tallebudgera
- Facilities – BBQs, toilets, water tap, playground, sports field, boat ramp
Dogs parks and off leash areas
Palm Beach and surrounds has some great places for your dog to exercise off leash.
Please remember to consider others who also access these areas and pick up your dog faeces. Popular dog parks may provide doggie bag dispensers with bins. The exercise areas are leash free zones and it is up to the owner to be responsible and maintain control of their dog while using the exercise areas.
Elanora Oval, Park Court (skate/BMX)
Eleven foot vert bowl, with Australia’s first full pipe
Salk Oval, Thrower Drive, Palm Beach (skate)
An old school Mexican hat bowl
Mallawa Drive Sports Fields, Palm Beach (skate)
Palm Beach State School, cnr 19th & Townson Avenues, Palm Beach
Contact the school for further information Ph: 5520 8333